Old September 4th 12, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default PowerFLARM protocol version 6

On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:34:43 AM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
" The PCAS range ring goes red when indicating a conflict. Thanks to the local helicopter traffic I have photos of that. Trouble is that, when the conflict exist, the range ring is very small and not very attention getting."

That's what I'm seeing too. And the red sometimes turns to black after awhile, then becomes red again when it refreshes the target info, apparently.

Bottom line - the warning cues for a near (altitude & slant range) PCAS target are poor at present, but should be fixable.

Hope Butterfly and/or PowerFLARM USA is reading this.

Kirk
66