Old June 14th 14, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marcin S

Default LiFePO4 Batteries

I purchased the exact battery and charger set from all battery. The battery and charger are made by tenergy. I got it January of last year and the battery started to fail at the end of last season. I was running out of power about 3 hrs into my flight.

Most recently, the battery voltage goes down to 5 volts under 1 amp load.

I called temergy and they told me the pcb is bad. They also told me that they can sell me one and if I cut the case open I can simply install it myself and glue the case with jb weld. Not exactly what I wanted to hear after spending $160 on a battery that is supposed to outlast a regular sealed lead acid battery.

Keep Iin mind that their warranty is very short. I would buy somewhere where the warranty is much longer.

Marcin