Old July 20th 03, 11:49 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
BRUCE FRANK wrote:
I thought there actually was a regulation in which pilots, at least on some
long flights, were allowed to nap with the copilot in control. I am
surprised that anyone thinks this a big deal particularly in this day when
there are public service ads that advocate power naps for drivers to stay
sharp. Since a plane cannot pull into a road side rest area, turn it over to
the copilot and catch 40 winks! Is the copilot not qualified to fly the
plane?

On some _really_ long over-water commercial flights, they carry a complete
relief cockpit crew.