Old July 18th 03, 11:33 PM
journeyman

Default Looking for practice area outside HPN

I've lately come to the conclusion that the airspace around NYC is
just too (expletive) busy. Last night, I wound up tucked inside
the triangle formed by Bridgeporrt, Danbury, and Waterbury-Oxford,
carefully watching the GPS to make sure I didn't drift into anyone's
class D while practicing maneuvers.

Last time, I went north of Westchester County, but that on the
approach path when there's a South flow. Much further North is
Stewart's approach path.

Can't go west or south to the yellow parts of the chart. Don't want
to be maneuvering over water. Don't want to be in anyone's airpace,
rather not be too near a Victor airway, hat to be on someone's approach
path, ...

Are the any nice quiet, out-of-the-way spots for me to practice lazy
8s, chandelles, steep turns and stalls that doesn't involve doing an
(explitive) cross country (not that I object to cross-country time,
but my training budget is limited).

I'm really beginning to think about renting from Danbury and training
North of Putnam Lake. Big problem with that is it's too far to drive
to after work, so it limits training time to my already limited
weekends.

Morris (yes, an on-topic post)