Old March 26th 04, 12:45 AM
Jay Honeck

Avmap has no shot at the Garmin. They aren't competitors. Nobody who
is looking for a handheld looks at the Avmap. It's just way too damn
big. Avmap could sell that thing for $600 and not do any damage to
Garmins market share.

That's silly. My Avmap mounts perfectly between the ram-horns of my yoke.

The only reason AvMap isn't eating Garmin's lunch is marketing, plain and
simple.

It's sorta the same reason a Holiday Inn Express can remain 100% full while
charging $99 per night for a horrible, 200 square foot room and stale bakery
in the lobby. Spend that same $99 at our place, and you'll get a 450
square foot, one-bedroom suite, with a delivered breakfast and a jacuzzi hot
tub.

Marketing -- not value -- is everything with the average consumer.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA