Old March 13th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Interesting Planning Tool

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:32:08 -0800, Jeremy Zawodny
wrote:

jcarlyle wrote:
Ran across an interesting web site today, then did a Google search of
RAS and found it hasn't been mentioned here yet:
http://www.runwayfinder.com/

It's interesting to me as a US pilot because the current METARs and
TFRs are available by right clicking on a colored airport marking. Once
the new window opens, you can get runway information. Sectional views
are the default, but road map, satellite, and hybrid views are also
available.

SkyVector is a similar site:

http://skyvector.com/

Jeremy

Be cautious using these sites for flight planning use. I notice
neither one of them show the new class B airspace around KMPS airport
that went into effect last month.