Old August 28th 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

Default Gilbert Davis Flying wing

Gary,

Davis use to have a hangar at the Nampa, ID airport. I saw his small single
seat flying wing and the project described on the twitt.org website in the
last 1980s or early '90s.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was the belt reduction system failure
that forced him to land in the Snake River once and led to his final
accident near the old Floating Feather airport which left him paralyzed.

His physical condition prevented him from further work on the project. The
little make-shift Quonset hut he used as a hangar wasn't large enough for
anything but his wing, or maybe an ultra light. The hangar was finally
demolished to make room for a row of new hangars.

I have always wondered what happened to the contents.

Wayne
HP-14 N990 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/photogallery/Mackay_2006

"keepitrunning" wrote in message
. ..
While poking around Caldwell (EUL) airport in Idaho I spotted an aircraft
that appears to be a part of the Gilbert Davis flying wing. I found the
following link:
http://www.twitt.org/DavisWing.html

Just wondering if any of the posters here knew anything about it.

Comments appreciated.
Gary