Old December 4th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

Default Crosswind landing control..

"Dan" wrote in
oups.com:

OK, so by bringing the yoke/stick full aft, aren't you increasing the
angle of attack, generating more lift and _removing_ wieght from the
mains? (Sure, the aerodynamic braking does help).

Not below the white arc :-)

99 percent of my landings is with the stall horn going strong, so by the
time my wheels touch ground, the plane has truly stopped flying.

With me retracting the flaps immediately after landing, I have reduced a
significant amount of lift factor, thus the practicality of having the yoke
full aft.

I can feel a huge difference in stability of control after the flaps have
been retracted.

Allen