Old July 22nd 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Ash

Default How well polished does a glider need to be?

01-- Zero One wrote:

I forgot one other effect of the dimples: they make lift. A golf ball
is normally hit with backspin, and the curveball effect creates a
little bit of lift, making the ball a super low-performance
glider...;-)

Hmmm, I wonder if we should take a ball peen hammer to a 1-26? I might
be on to something here....

I think somebody must have had that idea for my club's 1-36, and I am not
at all convinced that it resulted in better performance....

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth