Old September 24th 20, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default SSA Sailplane Tracker

Great answer, thanks!

All of my aircraft have ADS-B Out and In.Â* I can look at the flight
tracks of any of them on flightaware or flightradar24.

On 9/24/2020 9:09 AM, Steve Koerner wrote:
The beauty of ADS-B and OGN coverage is the high bandwidth coverage compared to the 10 minute or so intervals employed by Spot and InReach. I do hope that the OGN folks follow through with that unified coverage plan. Importantly, I hope they also will incorporate ADS-b in that plan. I had a recent long flight over some very remote areas of northern Arizona and New Mexico and had continuous ADS-b highly detailed coverage the entire day excepting while low on initial climb out at Springerville and while low coming back to land at St Johns airport. That ADS-b coverage is now already there - there's no need to dot the wilderness with OGN receivers. ADS-b out in gliders is the new norm now; it's a pretty powerful safety feature. The long transmit intervals associated with satellite trackers are great to complement the low altitude drop-outs that happen with any ground antenna based OGN and ADS-b system. An integrated system with all modes working together is really highly desirable.

--
Dan, 5J