Old May 30th 04, 01:22 AM
Aaron Coolidge

tony roberts wrote:
: When I was in flight school I asked why GA aircraft don't have
: windshield wipers and was told that it's because the prop blows the rain
: off - really - that's what they told me.

I have found this to usually be the case. (I fly a Cherokee.)

: Why don't GA aircraft have windshield wipers?
: It can't be cost - even the cheapest Yugo/Hyundai/Lada have windshield
: wipers - but not a $250,000 aircraft.

The Navajo Chieftian that I flew once had a windshield wiper on the pilot's
side. It was placarded "Do Not Use Wiper Above 125 KIAS". I've thought about
placarding my BMW in a similar manner.
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)