Old February 22nd 04, 04:16 PM
SNOOP

Having also towed with the 150 hp Citabria, and having flown the 180
hp Decatholon, I would think the Decathalon would make a good towplane
for a small club. The only pitfalls I could see might be the extra
maintenance of the constant speed prop. It would be best as a one
pilot towplane. A large organization would tear it up.

Otherwise the it's a simple, well constructed airframe, easy to fly,
and when you can't soar you could go out and fly around upside down.

Have fun!
(Deputy Dog) wrote in message . com...
Anyone out there have any experience with using a Decathlon for a tug?

I have towed with Citabria 7GCBC and wonder how it would compare since
it has symetrical (sp?) airfoil vs. the flat bottom of the Citabria.

Got a buddy considering both.

-Deputy Dog