Old October 7th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Chilcoat

Default Jim Weir's OSH Chairs

Oh, yeah, one other thing while I'm thinking of it. Dave's daughter, Jenny
is a classically trained soprano (MA, Voice, Manhatten School of Music) who
is moving from classical music to Christian pop. She wrote and recorded
this song a few weeks before Dave died:
http://www.jennifershawmusic.com/audio/Godspeed.mp3 and then played it at
his memorial service. Neat song. She had to play it rather than perform
it. There was no way that she was going to get through it live. We were
all crying.

Sorry for the maudlin posts, but I've been thinking about Dave today. I
just found out this afternoon that an old friend I haven't seen in a couple
of years is also going rapidly downhill from ALS. Life can be a real downer
sometimes. Need to go fly.