Old March 27th 08, 08:11 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Shamshabad...what's that?

Eeyore wrote in
:

wrote:

HYDERABAD: In a slip up hours after the Shamshabad airport opened
for business,
a KLM flight from Amsterdam which was supposed to land at Hyderabad
skipped the airport and flew across the country first to Delhi and
then to Mumbai.

Apparently the pilot knew nothing about the new airport

Found elsewhere ..........

" Now for some facts:

- The crew filed to the new airport.
- There was no confusion regarding opening status of the new airport.
- The company has been closely monitoring the whole transition.
- There were several KLM teams who have visited the new airport the
final months before it was opened, including a delegation of flight
operations. - The crew of KL873 made two approach attempts at the new
airport. - On both attempts they had insufficient visual reference to
continue descent below descent limit so on both occassions a go-around
was made. - After the second go-around the crew decided to divert to
Mumbai.

How should I know this? Maybe my username gives a hint...... " (an
MD11 driver).

You dont know it, fjukkkwit.

You're a planespotter, period.

Bertie