Old February 26th 04, 01:49 AM
Brian

"R. David Steele" wrote in message
How is the EA-18G being used, or at least planned for?

It's planned to be a EA-6B replacement, that is, stand off jamming. What
amazes me is they plan to stick on the same ALQ-99 system that is in dire
need of replacement.

the P-3 ASW and the EP-3 SIGINT/ELINT platforms are still our
best lines of "defense", it is jut that they are not tactical
platforms that can go with the fleet. I wonder if the V-22,
should it ever become operational, will be able to function well
as a refueling platform and in the SIGINT/ELINT (tactical)
mission?

I doubt it, the V-22 doesn't strike me as a very efficient platform for
SIGINT.