Old November 27th 12, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Looking for the 3 gull logo

On Monday, November 26, 2012 10:50:51 AM UTC-7, Pat Russell wrote:
In the old days, the international symbol for our sport was a blue

medallion with three stylized white gulls. The medallion was adopted

by FAI for the gliding badges.

Each country, with the exception of Germany, customized the medallion

with its ICAO registration prefix at the top of the emblem. In the

case of Germany, this field is left blank (presumably because the

medallion originated in Germany).

I am looking for an image of this medallion, with or without a

national customization. I am not looking for an image of an FAI

badge, which has the leaves around it.

Thanks

-Pat

You might try the Google Images search as singular and plural of "gliding badge" and "soaring badge" and "glider badge" both with and without the quotes just for fun.

Frank