Old December 3rd 17, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Bungee Material for Landing Gear and Engine Bay Doors

On Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 5:38:05 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I am looking for a source for bungee material for my landing gear and engine bay doors (ASH-26E). The original (German-sourced?) bungee is about 5 mm diameter and stretches to about twice the rested length. The 3/16 inch USA-sourced material I have been able to find (McMaster-Carr, etc.) doesn't stretch quite as much, about 75% rested length. Since the adjustment on the '26's engine bay doors is quite critical, I really would like to find the original (German-sourced?) bungee material with more stretch. Anyone know where I can get some?

Thanks,
Jim

West Marine.