Old September 11th 04, 10:31 PM
Jim Carriere

Mark Hickey wrote:
How DUMB does CBS count on its viewers being, anyway? I knew they
hoped we were dumb, but I guess they hope we're deaf, dumb and blind.

I hope y'all remember this when you are flipping channels trying to
get a handle on what's really going on in the world...

I'm with you there!

Here is my premise on most of "The Media." I consider myself to know
more than the average person does about aviation. (Note, most
participants in this group are a good cut of people and similarly
smart on aviation.) Whenever an aviation related story is in the
news, I often find a lot of mistakes in it, some of them pretty
stupid and due to laziness on the part of the media.

Extrapolating from this, what about stories in areas where I am about
average or relatively ignorant? In other words, I wonder how much
they screw up the facts on pretty much everything!

Now, there are good sources of news out there, but network TV
invariably caters to the lowest common deonominator.