Old September 14th 04, 01:31 AM
Rich S.

"Rich S." wrote in message
"Stan Premo" wrote in message
Think how blissful life must be for the insipid dolts who have no
expectations of their elected officials other than they can be selected
simply by voting a straight-party ticket...they're never disappointed,
and
history continues to repeat its mistakes!

I have a primary ballot in front of me now which *requires* me to select a
single party, and then vote *only* for candidates in that party. Ain't
that just ducky?

Rich "marching in lockstep" S.

Just for the record, I can still taste the glue on my absentee ballot
envelope. If we had the "old style" primary, I would have voted for the
candidates whom I considered best qualified to represent me.

With the "new style" of ballot where I had to select a party and then vote
only within that party, I selected the opposition party and voted so as to
give *my* party the most advantageous position in the general election.

This action was taken in a fit of pique that ill becomes me and I regret
that circumstances force my actions. However, it's the best way to apply my
vote to defeat those who I don't feel are qualified to clean public toilets,
much less become Governor. With so many people either refusing to vote, or
deliberately voting contrary to the rules (11% in that case), my vote
becomes even more important.

Think I'll go out in the back yard and empty a few magazines out of my
assault rifle.

Rich S.