Old May 15th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default AV gas prices

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
And now with the link...

http://www.autofuelstc.com/autofuelstc/pa/ethanol.html

Thanks Gig. I missed that page. The problem that I have with some of the
reporting is that there isn't much supportive data. To wit: Corrosion of
aircraft fuel systems. Specifically what systems and what are the
differences in auto that allow them to use the E-10 with apparent immunity?
I've heard that the gravity fed fuel systems don't seem to experience the
vapor locking and I've never experienced carb ice in any vehicle but my VW.
The CAT gage on my Lycoming never gets within a large margin of the yellow
zone and even in Canada along side the lakes with temps in all ranges from
20 F to 80 F have I ever encountered any hint of carb ice in my
installation. Now with the metal floats in the carburetors, I can't see how
alcohol would affect that. Some of the O rings in the gascolators and fuel
shut off valves might need changing. I fully expect to lose some power
using Supreme with 10% ethanol, but at price differentials exceeding $1.00/
gal?
I'm going to get some 10% Ethanol Supreme and put one of my A/C quality
fuel lines in it and let it soak.

Thanks again for the link. BTW are you going to Oshkosh this year? We will
be covering the helicopters down at the Ultralite runway again.
Stu