Old October 7th 03, 07:19 AM
Bela P. Havasreti

On 6 Oct 2003 21:25:42 -0700, (jim rosinski) wrote:

I've heard they will cost you roughly 3-5 knots in speed (this is
coming from C-180 drivers/friends that have had them installed).

The other thing I've heard is they distort the view looking out the
side window(s) while taxiing in close quarters (i.e., while trying to
avoid smacking a wing into an obstruction).

Dunno what the bubble windows cost, but I know a couple of guys that
will give you a set (came with their airplanes when they bought them)
if you really want them.

Just my opinion, but I prefer flat side windows.

Bela P. Havasreti

All side and rear windows in my 172 need replacement. I'm thinking of
installing bubble windows on the right front and left front for better
visibility. Anyone know about cost premium or speed penalty of these
over flat windows? If the penalty is no more than a few knots it's
probably worth it, but much more than that for an already slow plane
I'll think twice. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jim Rosinski
N3825Q