Old November 11th 11, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Winter glider storage?

On Nov 11, 10:39*am, soartech wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on would would be a good way to store a glider
trailer outdoors in winter? Remove the battery or keep it on trickle
charge? How about covering the trailer with a large tarp? Leaving a
small electric heater on low (500 Watts) to keep it slightly warmer
and drier?

Where are you located?

Here in the Pac NW at the very least put a bunch of Dri-Z-Air pots in
the trailer, make sure you monitor them, and that is still no
guarantee that your paint won't blister. At the very best store the
trailer indoors with a small fan and a boat heater.

There is no electricity available where I keep my trailer, I've had
lot's of bubble problems with my finish, which is Prestec.

Brad