Old June 26th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Looking for Advice..

On Jun 26, 6:28*am, Brian Whatcott wrote:

majortom546 wrote:
I just graduated from high school and my dream job is to become a pilot..
I have wanted to be a pilot since a very young age. I plan on attending
my local community college this fall. They offer an aviation science
program that is mainly a transfer program where you go for 2 years then
transfer to a 4-year school for the other two. The course description
says:

The Associate in Science (A.S.) degree is awarded upon completion of
requirements for this program.

* Student will satisfy all requirements to earn a Private Pilot
License.
* Student will satisfy all requirements to earn an Instrument Rating.
* Student will satisfy all requirements to earn a Commercial Pilot
License.

But if an hour of flight costs $100 and it will take you 45 hours (at
least) then that's a $5000 budget, not $27 grand

Brian W-

The school's program gives commercial and instrument, not just
private, making the $27 grand much more realistic. Factor in that this
is a part 141 college and a degree is earned then the $27 seems more
likely.

Ricky