Old December 18th 19, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Default Any new news about the status of Seminole?

Seminole-Lake is still going strong! A new roof was installed on the clubhouse, the parking lot has been paved along with the entry road to the west of the runway. Out gliderport neighbors paved their road east of the runway.. Working with the local government, construction of a new turning lane into the gliderport is complete along with a dedicated turning lane onto Hwy-561. A lighted sign has been placed on the southbound lane of Hwy-33 warning of the turn into the gliderport. These changes significantly improves safety for everyone! We have also sent out RFP’s (request for proposal) for a new hangar building in preparation for new glass trainers (hopefully in the near future).

As you know, everything is for sale in one form or another. Knut had the field for sale for years before it was sold. It doesn’t mean Mihai (our owner) has not been investing in the business to make it better. Also, his issues with Romania have been settled years ago. We expect Mihai on property for the Seniors in March.

This year is the 30th Anniversary of the Senior Soaring Championship. We have held the 18 Meter Nationals, two North American qualifiers for the World Sailplane Grand Prix, a 13.5 Meter National and 5 cross country camps. Look in Soaring magazine at the articles our pilots write. Many local and visiting pilots have been helped by Billy Kerns and Ken Goshorn. We are blessed to have such great guys in our community. Seminole-Lake, the company, and our whole community that calls our facility home, are committed to support every pilot’s desires and grow the sport of soaring. Come on down and visit, we are flying year round and ready to support all of your needs.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying & Soaring