Old May 23rd 19, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Webinar Shoutout!

That was, for me, a hair raising webinar. The hair on the back of my neck literally stood up several times.
No Knock to David but I think it should have been Titled: How Several bad decisions almost cost me my life. He got very lucky he lived through that!
One take way for me was his comment just before he was going to land was he thought about hitting the SOS on his Tracker.
This is a interesting thought, I may do this if faced with landing in the boondocks, in a bad area where the outcome is uncertain.
With the Garmin InReach you can cancel your SOS call, after a walk away landing, if you don't need it.

All sorts of reasons to send a SOS and few not too, if faced with a dicey landing in the back of nowhere.