Old July 13th 12, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AGL

Default Anyone familiar with NAS1834, NAS 1832 and NAS1836?

On Jul 12, 4:09*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

Simplest solution: Get the designer/engineer to change to a more
common part, or get a different designer/engineer.

Yes, on the face of it that makes sense, however, the designer is
doing this on a pro-bono basis, and he's very busy with no time to
entertain changes.

When I design with NAS hardware, it is because I have bags and bags of
them on hand and I'm trying to use them up. All other hardware is COTS
items from Aircraft Spruce or McMaster-Carr, or can be made from
common materials according to simple drawings.

It would be great if we could use COTS parts, but we must use aircraft
parts with complete traceability and manufacturer certs to meet the
approval of the engineer and Transport Canada.

If we could build it COTS it would have been done 2 years ago. It's
extremely frustrating.

Martin