Old February 19th 10, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Glide Navigator 2 technical question (V2 and V3)

Hi Scott,

GN II doesn't use the 3-points method to determine the polar. It uses the
V1 (best L/D) speed and glide ratio and the V2 speed (speed at 2 m/s sink).
It may be that you didn't see the "Next" button at the bottom of the screen
when done entering the V1 data. It is the same polar definition method used
by all Cambridge products.

You can find data for polars for many gliders (in several formats) he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/polars.htm

Feel free to call me if you need more help with this.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Scott Alexander" wrote in message
I'm going through the setup on glider navigator 2 on my IPAQ 2215.
When I select the polar data it does not ask for the speed at V2 and
V3. It does ask me for max l/d info and V1 speed.

Anyone know how I can enter the V2 and V3 speed?

Thanks in advance!!

SA