Old November 11th 14, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Northern UT ridge and wave attempts 11/9

On Sunday, November 9, 2014 9:59:55 AM UTC-7, Ron Gleason wrote:
There are 4 gliders, TT (Tim Taylor), B4 (Bruno Vassel), AK (Adam Kite) , DW (Dan Wrobel) launching from Logan starting at 9:30 am this morning attempting to do long ridge/wave flights. They will be towing to the west and releasing on the Wellsville range and flying north and south along the Wasatch front. If all goes well they should be able to get as far south as SLC (or farther) and as far north as Pocatello ID.

Also John Weber flying his Arcus will be launching from American Fork airport some time this morning to attack the ridge from the south.

You can follow three of them here http://xcfind.paraglide.us/ and expand the 'Utah Sailplane' list about half way down to see SPOT tracks.

A second source of tracking is at http://glideport.aero/map?p=GlidePort:456 This is a new facility and not sure how it all works.

Best of luck to all these guys taking advantage of late autumn/early winter conditions in Northern Utah.

Ron Gleason

Ron,
Thanks for posting! I flew right over the top of Logan at 10:30 (Wrong kind of plane) and looking at the wind I was daydreaming about the kind of day these guys had. And then I landed and found your post on Yahoo. And to think this time of year most of us are waxing skis and getting ready for opening day at Snowbird.