Old October 15th 05, 01:30 AM
Gord Beaman

"Rick" wrote:

There was an incident this past week where a Cessna Citation jet
disappeared from St. Augustine Airport, only to turn-up at an airport
outside Atlanta. Reports conflict as to whether the plane was damaged
in any way; certainly not seriously, at any rate.

We were talking about this ambitious joyride at work, and I remembered
a case in the eighties where a military technician, who I believe was
an accomplished glider pilot with a world altitude record, took an A-4
for a spin in the middle of the night -- perhaps over the holidays
while the field was closed. It might have been at El Toro.

Does anyone remember this? I promised a friend a link to this story if
I can find it.

Bit of a piker isn't he?...an A-4 you say?...do you remember the
technician (I think - at least a non pilot) who stole a C-130 in,
I think, merree ole Englande (again I think) got it started and
took off headed it West for the US. I think they caught up to him
well out to sea...dunno what became of him, I think he eventually
pranged it into the sea (ditched it)..
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)