Old January 11th 17, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Advice on motor glider wanted - FES - Jet - Engine

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 8:50:49 AM UTC-8, wrote:
...Which was it, over-temperature, or under-voltage? These are two very different things.

Not necessarily. I=V/R says that as the battery voltage goes down, the amperage required for specific power level is greater. So when you have a computer-controlled system trying to maintain a commanded power level by regulating current upwards, you can get a situation where low voltage is the direct cause of overheating of specific parts of the system.

Full disclosu I'm not an FES expert, but I am an FES reseller.

--Bob K.