Old January 12th 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Advice on motor glider wanted - FES - Jet - Engine

Hi Ben,

Sometimes work has to come befor gliding (and RAS). An abhorrent thought, I know

I apologize for the ambiguity but battery temperature leading to shutdown was the reason given to me by an individual involved in the incident review. However, that's not to say the situation wasn't misunderstood. Thus, the only way to be sure is to ask the pilot himself which I'm happy to do but that will take time as we're not expected to catch up for a while. If you reply with the portion of your email address that's between the 'hir' and the @ I'll email you his response.

FES are very open with their documentation. Have you reviewed their manuals? Available at http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com/download.php , they specify the temperature limitations for motor and battery, among others. Note that the level to shutdown the system to prevent battery damage occurs prior to battery exhaustion.

CJ