Old November 24th 17, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bojack J4

Default Glider Insurance

Avemco insurance.

I have used them ever since I was a relatively newly licensed glider pilot and purchased a new LS-6c/18 from the LS factory. Costello would not insure me but instead put me in a "catch-22 situation".

Avemco did. To hell with Costello.

So far, I have received multiple discounts from Avemco for things like safe flying/no claims, obtaining advanced ratings, and attending educational seminars.....etc.

The one time I needed insurance coverage for a cracked tail boom (due to intentional ground loop to save myself from injury during an outlanding in the mountains of Tennessee) they stepped up to the plate and worked well with Gerhlein repair facility.

Just another insurance company to consider other than the SSA/Costello consortium.