Old July 22nd 04, 04:04 PM
Ed Rasimus

On 22 Jul 2004 01:18:16 -0700, (Fred the Red
Shirt) wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote in message . ..
On 20 Jul 2004 20:04:52 GMT,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

Toilet: was Bush in the Air Guard
From:
(Fred the Red Shirt)

Maybe so but WGH was a better president than GWB.

There never was a worse president than GWB.

Have you forgotten LBJ?

Damn, Fred. You're alright after all! You mean the LBJ that gave us
the Rules of Engagement and kept stopping and starting the air war so
that the enemy could resupply and bolster their defenses so that the
next time we resumed we could get the crap shot out of us?

Arthur Kramer

I think you've said that before.

Worse than Clinton?

Yes.

I liked it better when the economy was good and the interns sucked.

Catchy, but not original. And, arguably not even factual with the
economic indicators of the last 6-8 months showing significant upturns
in employment, production, GDP, etc. Still not totally recovered from
the after-effects of 9/11 but demonstrating a surprising robustness.

Worse than Nixon?

Hell yes.

I don't remember Eisenhower, so disregarding him, Nixon may
have been the best president of my lifetime. But that was back
when Democrats were liberals and Republicans were moderates.

I won't go so far as Nixon being best of my lifetime (I'll suggest
Reagan for his tax cuts and success in causing the collapse of the
Soviet Union), but will agree that Nixon is drastically under-rated
because of Watergate and the resignation. He also got us out of
Vietnam, got the POWs returned and with bold leadership established
relationship with China that has led to the conversion of that nation
to what is basically a market economy.

Worse than Hoover? Worse than
Grant? Worse than W.H. Harrison? Worse than Andrew Johnson?

I might have to defer to your judgement there. Those guys were
befor my time...

You illustrate why the blanket statement of "worst ever" is so
difficult to support. Hoover led us into the Great Depression, Grant
was accused of being regularly drunk on the job, poor ol' WHH died of
pnuemonia within a month of his inauguration and Johnson holds the
distinction with Clinton of being impeached.

But, they were before my time as well.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"