Old February 26th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default Lowrance 2000C

In article m,
"PECW" wrote:

I have had a unit for several years now, never had any technical issues and
I like it. The runway guidance is a great option.

My really big peeve is that when I purchased the unit, XM WX supposedly was
in development. Two years later, no joy. From what I understand it will not
ever be available for this unit. Hence the huge price drops.

Peter

"Jay Masino" wrote in message
After my 12 year old Garmin 195 started having problems, I purchased a
Lowrance 1000. In the few months I owned it, I had problems with the
buttons not working, a failed backlight, and difficulty locking onto
satellites. I eventually talked Lowrance into giving me my money back,
and I purchased a Garmin 296 instead.

I talked to Darrel Lowrance about the complaints that I've been seeing
on this NG. He sold the company two years ago and is really upset at the
way the new owners are operating it. The problem is that the owners are
MBAs, who have no common sense on how to treat customers.

He says that he wishes they would take his name off the company.

In fact, his airplanes now sport Garmin equipment!