Old August 25th 04, 04:13 AM
Michael 182

Does that include the checkride?

"CFLav8r" wrote in message
om...
"Michael 182" wrote in message ...
Way more, I assume. A BFR runs around $50 (assuming you own the plane).

You
can throw in an IPC for an additional $30 or so, maybe cheaper. Assuming

you
need to rent a seaplane, it would probably cost at least $1,500 for the
time, training and checkride to get the SES.

Here in Florida there is a seaplane school called Jack Browns that is
located in Winter Haven.
The school charges $975 for a two day course to get your seaplane rating

in
their
Piper J3s on floats with Continental 85 hp engines.
They also offer a multiengine rating, but I'm not sure of the price.
You can check them out at: http://www.gate.net/~seaplane/index.htm

David PP-ASEL IA-Student (KORL)