Old July 9th 03, 07:43 PM
Andrew Gideon

Michael wrote:

David Megginson wrote
I think that the only way that a LOC or VOR approach would be
significantly easier than an NDB approach is if you were chasing the
needle: if you chase the CDI in a VOR or LOC approach, you still stay
close to track (in a constant series of S-turns); if you chase the NDB
needle, you end up approaching the NDB downwind from the track.

You got it. The other difference - with the NDB, you absolutely must
keep the DG (if available) on the correct compass heading.

I'm getting a mental picture of someone unfamiliar with how the ADF works
trying to fly an NDB approach traveling forever in circles around the
beacon.

- Andrew