Old July 11th 05, 02:38 PM
Jay Honeck

For those that have seen the Masters of Disaster air show this may or may
not come as a shock, but Jimmy Franklin and Bobby Younkin are no longer
with
us.

What a shame. What an awful thing to happen right before OSH, too.

Those guys were the best showmen I've ever seen in an airshow. Some people
decried their "Masters of Disaster" airshow as being "too unstructured" (and
maybe it really was, judging by what happened) -- but it was truly exciting
to watch, and got a lot of people interested in aviation.

And that Jet-powered Waco was just unbelievable.

From what I've read, Franklin's son was narrating the show when his dad and
Younkin were killed. At least no one on the ground was hurt.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA