Old February 14th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default cylinder replacement

"Allen" wrote in message
That does not mean NEW ECi cylinders have used heads. WWW.ECI2Fly.com

You
are comparing apples to oranges.

Allen

Completely correct. I was not intending to compare a used cylinder to a new
cylinder. Nor did I say that. It may not have been evident from the
excerpt that I quoted, but the engine failure was due to cylinder head
fatigue. What I gathered from this is that you should be aware that, unless
you buy new cylinders, you may be buying a new barrel and a used head
because some companies mate used heads to new barrels and market them under
STCs as cylinder replacements. The other point being that the FAA doesn't
limit the hours on a head that can be mated to a new barrel.

Jim