Old August 24th 03, 02:57 PM
Mark T. Mueller

I may be all wrong, but I thought the bulk of insurance premiums was tied up
in the liability, not hull.

Are you buying $1M smooth coverage?

"David Megginson" wrote in message
"Mark T. Mueller" writes:

If they don't figure out the insurance thing, they will hit a brick
wall. I am paying around $1K/yr for my Tiger. I can't imaging paying
over $6K/yr for a fixed gear single, and from what I have heard it
doesn't matter if you are a 500 hour instrument pilot or not... At
that rate, it would be better to find a nice used twin.

Are you sure that it's not just the difference in hull value? The
hull portion of the insurance for my 1979 Warrior II was about USD
1,350 for USD 50,000 coverage last year. A new SR22 is worth nearly
seven times that, so I'd expect to pay about seven times as much for
hull coverage, even though my liability was the same.

All the best,

David