Old December 27th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Todd W. Deckard

Default spins from coordinated flight

I have a limited exposure to spins (I've demonstrated spins or received spin
instruction in 5 different airplanes on
six different occasions). I have a commercial certificate (although you
wouldn't think so from my demonstration
of a chandelle). Maybe I did have to demonstrate a power on stall while
in a climbing 20 degree bank, once.
As I recall, we survived it.

I return to the original question: if the ball is in the middle will it
spin?

Becuase I believe snowmobile suits are for snowmobiling and not for flying I
won't have a chance to explore it
with an aerobatic instructor and an appropriate (but drafty) airplane for a
few months -- so I thought I would
put the question in a bottle and throw it in the ocean.

Regards
Todd

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 1:42 pm, "Todd W. Deckard" wrote:
Can you depart and spin from coordinated flight? Specifically a
coordinated
climbing turn?

And courting disaster doing a chandelle? If you're going to do a
commercial ticket you should be familair with spins intimately. An
incipient spin shouldn't even make you break a sweat.