Old July 31st 03, 12:55 AM
Del Rawlins

On 30 Jul 2003 02:11 PM, Ernest Christley posted the following:
Corrie wrote:
I'd love to. But it's probably going to be at least a year, perhaps
three, before I'm able to *begin* construction on an airplane. Y'see,
I have some "home-building" projects queued up ahead of the
"homebuilt" project.

Corrie, don't do that. You'll never get a plane by planning ahead.
There are probably 10,000 pieces of an airplane that you can build
while sitting around in the evening looking at TV.

That is true. The guy who founded the Bearhawk email list built most of
his wing ribs while living in an apartment. Sure it is not ideal, but
all he really needed was tin snips, a drill, a circle cutter, and a few
other minor items. For whatever it is you want to build, there have to
be a lot of similar tasks which can be done at times when you aren't
able to work on the other projects.

One thing that I did during the time when I was between shops and my
tools/parts were in storage, was draw patterns in a CAD program, so that
when I was able to start again I could just slap paper to metal with
spray adhesive, and start cutting.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/