Old August 20th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Clarke

Default the DC-3

I was not a pilot on 9/11/01 so I wasn't in the community when this
stupidity went into effect. Why aren't people screaming about this? I
know there are some changes going into effect that look like they
simplify things for the ADIZ overall, so that looks good, but these 3
airports remain under lock and key.

That story seems horrible Ron. Sorry about that.

KC

Ron Natalie wrote:
Tell me about it.

I was based at VKX on 9/11. It took me nearly 5 weeks to get my
plane out of there and then it was with the PG County Mounties nad
very special procedures to let me evacuate.

I waited, applied, was prodded, fingerprinted, waited more, and was
trained to get authorization to get in and out of there.

I've done it once, it isn't worth the pain the the posterior.

Yes, it is completely useless. That was a fine little airport
as were the others. Small, often minority owned business there.
All are either defuct or circling the drain. Millions of dollars
to bail out the airlines in a predicament through their own greed
and stupidity but despite congressional lip service, nothing to
the Prince Georges County, Maryland airports that were destroyed
as a result of a false sense of national security from a toally
non-existant threat.