Old July 3rd 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

Default Air Force Aerial Refueling Methods: Flying Boom versusHose-and-Drogue

On 7/3/06 5:32 AM, in article
, "Dave in San Diego"
wrote:

"Doug \"Woody\" and Erin Beal" wrote in
:

Guy,

I'm personally of the opinion that it is MUCH harder to tank in
turbulence on a WARPS or WOPR (wing mounted KC-135 or KC-10) than on the
"iron maiden." The hoses are so long that the effects of turbulence
become huge.

OK, I found WARPs, but what's WOPR? All I could find was "War Games"