Old July 18th 14, 08:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

Default Largest Storage Facility In Europe- Châteaudun

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:33:39 +0100, PilotJedi wrote
(in article ):

Châteaudun air base formed in 1951 is the largest aircraft storage
centre in Europe. It is essentially a Gallic version of AMARG (Aerospace

Thanks for this - an interesting place which I'd never heard of before.

I have a question. What does the Wikipedia English language entry for
Châteaudun mean when it says that, during WW2, its new German owners
'undertook infrastructure projects including the construction of zones of
loosening called "daisies" and the track'?

I assume it's a translation problem but I can't get my head round it; neither
the French nor German Wikipedia entries appear to have anything equivalent.

Can anyone help?