Old May 14th 20, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul[_11_]

Default DG-303 spar issues - puchase?

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 2:38:35 PM UTC-4, Mike C wrote:
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 12:00:53 PM UTC-6, Paul wrote:
For a new glider pilot, do you think a DG-303 glider would be a good glider to purchase? I really like the design, and I've tried to understand all the issues that occurred around 2007 (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!st...g/SspUMjJ-YYo), however not sure what the end result was. There are a few DG-30# for sale on W&W.

Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks,
Paul

Paul,

FYI

The DG 300 "MQ" on W&W's is a nice, well cared for glider. Belongs to club member. No problems with the spar cap rovings not being straight and weakening the wings and the resulting +/- G safety rating. Would make an excellent Club Class glider if you are interested in competition. Definitely worth consideration.

Mike

Thanks. Competitions are something I'm looking at definitely.

Paul