Old August 21st 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default POL $640.00 to fill the tanks...

Jay Honeck wrote:
The anti-Walmart crowd is successfully using the courts to stifle free
enterprise -- ANY free enterprise -- that they think is "unsuitable".
Somehow these self-annointed saviors believe that the unwashed masses
who flock to Walmart every day aren't capable of making these decisions
for themselves, and must be led toward the light. It's sickening.)

That's mighty theatrical talk. What exactly did they sue to prevent?

A local group called "Stop Walmart" constituted itself back in the late
1970s, in an attempt to stop the construction of the original Walmart
store here in Iowa City.

They apparently made life miserable for Walmart (it's before my time),
but, eventually, the store was built. It's been successfully providing
low priced, high quality goods and excellent customer service ever
since. (And shafting their vendors, of which I was one, BTW.)

OK, two of our three isn't bad. I've rarely found Wal-Mart stuff to be
of high quality. The exception is stuff like brand-name oil. Their
tools are pretty pathetic and most other stuff is just cheap stuff, but
that is what their customers want. Customer service is good in the
sense that they'll take back pretty much anything with no questions
asked, but customer service in the sense of providing information on
their products (other than where to locate them) is also pathetic.

Matt