Old January 11th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.war.misc,soc.history.what-if,sci.military.naval
Ken Chaddock

Default Rogue State of Israel Threatens Tactical Nuke Strikes on Iran

wrote:

Matt Giwer wrote:

Another Zionist Jew trying to smoke screen the war for Israel agenda as
he doesn't care how many Americans die/get horribly wounded for Israel
in the Middle East like we have already experienced with the Iraq
quagmire with Iran to come soon for Israel as well:

If we use nukes, I doubt there'll be a quagmire.

All US supplies come inland from Kuwait via the only two major roads. The south
is controlled by the Shia. Iran is Shi'ite.

Get Iran ****ed and they shut off the supplies to US troops and they starve.
Cut off supplies and move into Iraq and kill them quickly.

Respond to an Iranian land war and face a well equipped army several times
larger than the Iraqi army and discover there are not enough US troops in the
world to fight them. Then there is a draft which takes months to deliver the
first troops to the battlefield presuming presuming by some miracle US troops
have managed to hold out that long.

Which doesn't change my point...if we use nukes, I doubt there'll
be a quagmire. What will be left of Iran or the Iranian Army?

This guy also seems to ignore the US's truly prodigious capability to
move people and goods by air...which the Iranians would have virtually
no ability to block...also the US's ability to rain destruction onto
Iran from above...even without going nuclear...which, if "properly"
implemented (don't hit civilian targets at all and stay away from
military targets that have a higher probability of collateral damage)
against the Iranian military only...would tend to destabilize the
mullahs and either destroy Iran's ability to make war OR bottle the
Iranian armed forces up in their cities...
If the mullahs could be shown to be ineffective against the US while at
the same time being hammered relentlessly militarily and causing "a
little" discomfort to the Iranian people only, the mullahs will lose
credibility with their own people and would likely be overthrown...from
within.
Remember, the only place in the Muslim world where there were
spontaneous demonstrations of SORROW and SADNESS and in SUPPORT of the
US after 9/11 was in IRANIAN cities...for God sake, built of that, don't
squander it like Bush senior and Bush junior did in Iraq...

....Ken