Old April 9th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

Default DG-300/303 owners...

Hi guys,

John Giddy pointed out an important restriction I left out in my
summary above (not sure how I missed that, sorry
about that):

- Maximum mass of non-lifting parts is reduced from 246 kg (542 lb) to
240 kg (529 lb)

So the complete set of new restrictions to the operational limits is
as follows:

- Max speed reduced from 270 km/h (146 kt) to 250 km/h (135 kt)
- Maneuvering speed reduced from 200 km/h (108 kt) to 175 km/h (94 kt)
- MTOW reduced from 525 kg (1157 lb) to 450 kg (992 lb)
- Maximum mass of non-lifting parts reduced from 246 kg (542 lb) to
240 kg (529 lb)
- No aerobatics (also applies to the DG-300 Acro)

DG's definition of non-lifting parts is as follows:

- Fuselage (with permanently installed equipment, canopy, and main
pins)
- Cockpit load (Pilot + parachute + equipment for instance tail fin
battery in baggage compartment instead of in tail fin)
- Horizontal tail

This means that your max. cockpit load is reduced by 6 kg (13 lb) all
other things being equal.

I just saw that DG apparently just posted the complete English
translation of their German posting:

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/holm-dg300-e.html

I hope this helps,

Markus