Old September 19th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor[_2_]

Default Condensation in hangar

I had that happen in my hanger. When I put in two cieling fans and keep
the air circulating, it never happend again. The air in motion can hold
a lot more moisture. Previously the dehumidifier was not able to fix it.
The cieling fans run continously at about 50 percent, blowing air down.
One time I went into my hanger (before fans) and there was a cloud in
there. And you could make out the cloud base about 10 feet up. And
everything was dripping wet. Well that's my expierience.

John

karl gruber wrote:
After a snow here in the NW, we often get the "pineapple Express," warm
moist air from Hawaii.

This causes a huge amount of water to condense in my hangar. The floor will
have 1/8 inch of water on it. This has only happened once in 5 years. But
today I bought a couple of big fans and plan to cut holes in the hangar door
and continuously vent with the fans.

Do you think I should blow air in, or out. Or should one be in and the other
out. Or is this just a dumb idea and something else would work much better.
The builder of the hangar did not consider condensation and there are no
roof vents.

Best,
Karl
"curator"