Old February 29th 04, 06:22 PM
Grantland

362436 (Ron) wrote:

No, that is legacy in terms of points for university acceptance. But that
does not help you pass your classe or get you your degree. Never heard of

legacy degree...But it can apply for acceptance into school and frats.

Even my old Chinese launderyman understood the concept of "no tickee, no
washee". University fundraisers understand "no degree, no contributions"
well
enough the know how to keep the money flowing. You're kidding yourself if
you
think it works some other way......it doesn't!

But now you are heading toward a grand conspiracy involving university faculty
and professors too. Legacy can help get you in, but it does not get you a
degree.

I have read often that he was a very good stick at UPT, and he was damn good
at ACM while as an F-102 pilot

I guess we must have read different stuff. I read that his flying abilities
were so limited that his ANG supervisors were pleased when they learned that
he
grounded himself (by not getting a current flight physical) before he killed
himself and destroyed one of their airplanes in the process. Incidentally, I
hope you weren't relying on what was said about his performance on those OERs
that were written about him....if I was writing one on the son of an
influential
congressman, I wouldn't have been brutally frank or honest unless my
retirement
papers had already been approved. Doing something like that was not
conducive
to a long and satisfying career for the evaluator.

In late 1969, when George W. Bush showed up at Ellington Air Force Base in
Texas for flight training, his instructor was a 270-pound judo black belt and
self-described "mean S.O.B." named Maury "Brown-nose" Udell. "I know your dad is a
congressman, but that doesn't mean a thing to me," Udell told Bush. After Bush
had learned to fly jets, Udell tried to rattle him by getting on his tail wink in
mock dogfights. Bush gave his instructor a hard look and began doing his own
high-speed zigzags, "doing his damnedest to lose me," Udell recalled to
NEWSWEEK. "He was not a candy a--." Udell rates Bush "among the top 5 percent
of fighter pilots I've ever trained."

LOL!

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)